Ambleside has a wide variety of restaurants and cafes.
Whether it’s a quick bite or something special you won’t be short for choice. During the busy times you may need to make a reservation or let us do it for you.
Please note for most restaurants in Ambleside last orders for food is 9.00pm
Winter opening and closing times do change so we advise you to keep this in mind!
Please share your dining experiences with us so we can pass on any recommendations to other guests.
- Ambles Bistro – Lake road. Good affordable food.
- Salutation Hotel – Lake Road. Great Lakeland Cuisine
- Apple Pie – Rydal Road. The award winning “Apple Pie Eating House”.
- Daisy’s Café – Central Buildings. Great for a slap up mid day refill.
- Dodds restaurant – Rydal Road. A good family friendly restaurant.
- Doi Intanon Thai Restaurant – Market Place. Fresh, tasty ingredients make this a must for Thai food lovers!
- Drunken Duck Inn – Duck Hill. Outside of Ambleside, this pub and restaurant is well worth the trip out of town, for both it’s ales and it’s meals.
- Glass House, The – Rydal Road, next to the bridge house. Great food at a good price in a unique building. Go, have a great evening.
- Jade Garden – Compston Road. The biggest Chinese restaurant in town. Eat in or take away.
- Log House Restaurant and bar – Lake Road, on the way to Waterhead. A contemporary restaurant in an interesting log cabin type building.
- Lucy’s On A Plate – Church Street. Go for the puds alone!
- Lucy4 Wine Bar and Bistro – St. Mary’s Lane. A fun place to eat, the more people you can get to eat with you, the better it gets!
- Priest Hole, The – Church Street. Just at the top of the road, serving Mediterranean and English food, it’s a great place for a meal any time of the day.
- Rattle Gill Café – 2 Bridge Street. Whole food cafe with food that tastes as good as it is for you! Highly recommended.
- Spice of Bengal – Kelsick Road. The better of the two Indian restaurants in town, and just around the corner too!
- Stampers – Just up the street and a local favorite. Serving what they call “well cooked, normal food”.
- Tarantella Restaurant – Lake Road. A modern Italian style restaurant.
- Wateredge Inn – Waterhead. Literally on the water’s edge, making this one of the most beautiful places to eat.
- White Lion Hotel – Market Place. Decent sized portions at very good prices. They’ve got the cheapest bear in town as well.
- Zeffirellis – Compston Road. An Italian, vegetarian restaurant. Even if you’re not Veggie, the quality of food and service make this a high recommendation. The two course meal and cinema ticket deal is a great way to spend an evening.
- Fellinis An off-shoot from Zeffirellis expect the same quality, a different menu and a slightly more cultured atmosphere.